Easter 6

So we're nearly at Ascension - the last week of Eastertide. I'm not sure I'm ready to put my alleluias down just yet - but perhaps that's my fault for having 2 whole Sundays since Easter when I haven't preached.
I have an image in my head of the good news of the resurrection spreading out, sending ripples into the world and then gathering up into the amazing moment of the Ascension, before exploding back out again at Pentecost.

This week's readings are:
Acts 16: 9-15
John 5: 1-9

I've chosen the healing at the pool with the hellish scene of Jesus amongst the most desperate of his society. It reminds me of the harrowing of hell - I think it's here in the lectionary to remind us that the resurrection is good news to the very ends of the earth and the very dregs of society. There is nowhere God's new life in Jesus cannot reach.
Thanks be to God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Guidance

Abraham and Isaac - a good question!

Epiphany 2: Nathanael... & Jacob