2 weeks running without a 'long' sermon??

Well, our lovely student minister goes off to his first charge in 3 weeks or so, so I mustn't get used to not preaching!

Lectionary readings are:

Acts 16:16-34
Revelation 22:12-14, 16-17, 20-21
John 17:20-26

I confess to always being a bit annoyed by this 'Paul & Silas in prison' story: what about the poor, unnamed slave girl, healed by Paul, who Luke describes as 'very much annoyed' in some translations. Apart from the fact that she is the reason Paul & Silas end up in prison, it becomes a story about their heroic escape, not her healing at all. I struggle with this story - it seems so unlike the gospel stories of Jesus acts of healing of the lowest and the least.
Not sure where my thoughts are going, yet - but I'll keep my brain ticking over & see what I come up with - even if I won't get a chance to preach it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Guidance

Abraham and Isaac - a good question!

Epiphany 2: Nathanael... & Jacob