February 7th 2010

Readings for this week are:
Isaiah 6:1-8, [9-13]
Psalm 138
1 Corinthians 15:1-11
Luke 5:1-11

I'm fascinated by the contrast between the jaw-dropping vision Isaiah gets in the temple of God on a mighty throne, attendant creatures, smoke, etc... and the simple call the fishermen to follow Jesus (although it is accompanied by the miracle of the large catch of fish). I love the 'Miracle Maker' version of this story, which, if you haven't seen it, you can view at
www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE-KkMK0fE4&feature=related
I'm not sure I can post it as a link but I'll try!


Maybe it takes a miracle to convince us that the awesome God of Isaiah is come to us in Jesus of Nazareth - or maybe in the end that IS the ultimate miracle.

I won't be preaching this Sunday - it will be interesting to see what others make of these texts as we continue to travel from Epiphany to Lent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Guidance

Abraham and Isaac - a good question!

Epiphany 2: Nathanael... & Jacob