RevGalBlogPals

It was finding the Rev Gal Blog Pals site which first got me thinking about creating this blog. I find it an interesting site to get me started when I'm thinking about preaching: and sometimes there's a posting there which really gives me food for thought.
So for the first time I'm trying to do the 'Friday Five': five questions which I answer & then link from that site to this. So with some feeling that it might not work, here are my answers:

So faced with a busy week:

1. What restores you physically?
I need to remember at least 5 times a day to drop my shoulders: sitting at the computer, having a meal, talking to people - all the tension goes to my shoulders & they end up, up round my ears! If I'm alone I can acoompany the relaxation of my shoulders with a big 'huff!' - for extra effect.

2. What strengthens you emotionally/ mentally?
It might sound corny, but being grateful. I am a very fortunate woman: I have a job I love, a wonderful family, and good friends. I can walk in the sunshine, shelter from the rain, and appreciate God's creation. This doesn't mean I haven't known mental illness, great sadness and health scares - but I'm blessed with a positive attitude to life and thank God for it.

3. What encourages you spiritually?
Time spent in prayer and reflection - alone and with my most trusted friend

4. Share a favourite poem or piece of music from the coming week.
THE AGONY

Philosophers have measured mountains,
Fathom'd the depths of seas, of states, and kings,
Walk'd with a staff to heaven, and traced fountains
But there are two vast, spacious things,
The which to measure it doth more behove:
Yet few there are that sound them; Sin and Love.

Who would know Sin, let him repair
Unto Mount Olivet; there shall he see
A man, so wrung with pains, that all his hair,
His skin, his garments, bloody be.
Sin is that Press and Vice, which forceth pain
To hunt his cruel food through every vein.

Who knows not Love, let him assay,
And taste that juice, which on the cross a pike
Did set again abroach; then let him say
If ever he did taste the like.
Love is that liquor sweet and most divine,
Which my God feels as blood; but I, as wine.

by George Herbert 1593-1633

5.There may be many services for you to attend/ lead over the next week, which one are you most looking forward to and why? If there aren't do you have a favourite day in Holy week if so which one is it?

The Seder meal on Maundy Thursday last year was very special.
I also have a 'community service' on Tuesday & no idea yet what I'm going to do: a blank canvas is in equal parts scary & wonderful!
But Easter Sunday has to be the best of all!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Guidance

Abraham and Isaac - a good question!

Spring IS coming!