Sunday 22nd June

Romans 6: 1b-11;
Matthew 10:24-39.

This week at one church we have a baptism - so I think I want to link these readings together with the sort of theme of 'following Jesus - lock stock & barrel'. Baptism is a great celebration of a new life, but is also a radical statement about what life is about & whose we are... more to follow I hope when I've had more time to think.

At the other church we have an all-age service: not sure how to convey 'hate your parents' to the younger members??
Might (for once) be naughty & jump out of the lectionary in favour of 'the Good Shepherd' Godly Play story, Psalm 23 & prayers of those in dark places/the valley of the shadow of death.

BTW some people have expressed concern that I'm blogging in the middle of the night - this is not so it just seems to attach the wrong time to my posts! Time now 18.04 - time to eat perhaps, but not to sleep!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Guidance

Abraham and Isaac - a good question!

Epiphany 2: Nathanael... & Jacob